A walk in my shoes....

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!


Ok so this is the slideshow of this year. The slides are short in order to make it a watchable video. If I had made them longer it would have been twice as long and you wouldn't have wanted to finish it. You can always watch it twice if you'd like. I hope its ok, I like it, but I'm kinda biased that way I guess. It was a pain in the ass to make but fun.

365 Days in a year. I am going to assume, lightly mind you, that this year, also was also 365, not one of those leap year deals that mess up the rotation of the planets. I pondered for a nanosecond on actually counting the days but um no! I'll say there are 365 and you'll believe me, because you don't want to count either. So back to what I was saying, 365 days, one day at a time could be drawn out to make a long year. No one can remember every single day of the year, and thankfully. So many tiny mundane things that make up our lives are forgotten due to their repetitive nature. It's amazing though how one or two things can change your life, or your perspective on life. If I've learned anything this year it’s that you really can't expect anything. Nothing is as it seems. Just when you think you've got life by the balls something happens to change it all. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. That reason may not be obvious at any given point but just roll with the punches as they are bound to end eventually.

My Mantra, my manifesto, my decree is that LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!

I didn’t make it up but I’ll be damned if I’m not going to steal it to use for my own. This year more than ever has made this true for me. I’ve learned that a positive attitude more than anything has kept me going this year. No amount of bitching or complaining or being angry is going to fix anything. If nothing else it’s going to make people avoid you. So then you’re miserable all by yourself. Nobody wants that. So hold your head up and charge full steam into it with a positive attitude.

God isn’t going to give you more than you can handle, and you can choose to fight it, rebel and be angry or sit down and realize the lesson of that particular moment. I’ve learned that life is a test, and a series of lessons. Take from it all that you can. Cancer has taught me so much. It’s taught me who my friends really are, and brought me closer to family. From it I have gleaned patience and tolerance, and even though it sucked there is always someone out there with a worse predicament than my own. It could almost always be worse whatever the circumstances might be. So if given the chance I would happily do it all over again.

So this year has been fruitful and we multiplied. We did as the Great Lord commanded. What will happen next year is only a mystery that we are happy to welcome. Maybe I’ll get Sarah pregnant? Who knows, but if all goes well we’ll be home in Arizona with a new plan. God Bless you all and have a wonderful prosperous New Year!

No comments: